Monday, April 14, 2014

Lunar Eclipse April 14 2014

It gets darker by the light of the moon. I reach for a part of me that I forgot was there. I listen for her to say something witty or clever and am left feeling dissatisfied...because I'm so fucking judgemental.

I can't just let myself be.

Our world's reflection is smaller...and smaller...still bright, but fading. 11:05 pm.

Sunsets from half a world away reflecting on the back of my glasses. Our rock. Our tiny pet in the universe...glued to us like we are to the sun...does it depend on us? Science tells me no...but...

A quarter moon no longer lives here...it lives in our shadow.

Im intrigued by how imperfect these things are. It's not like movies or airbrushed photos...it's a spreading shadow and it understands the form it must take...it understands that it needs no defined form.
There it is...there is the form. 11:18pm.

A crescent forms and bleeds across the sky. 11:28pm.

I turn in for the night. I am privileged to exist. I am thankful for the tiny parts of me I get to leave the world with in my children.

I can only hope to one day return to the stars...then back to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment